FireWire-800 Transceiver - transmission of FireWire signals over optical fibres
FireWire-800 Transceiver signal extender systems extend signals according to IEEE1394b-2002 protocol (also backward-compatible to IEEE 1394a-2000 and -1995). A system consists of a computer module (transmitter) and a user module (receiver) and uses optical fibres to transmit signals up to 500 m. The two identical units can be interchanged.
- Distances up to 500 m (2 × multimode 50/125 µ fiber optics)
- Bidirectional transmission of signals according to protocol IEEE1394b-2002
- Backward-compatible to IEEE 1394a-2000 and -1995
- Connection over 2 × LC duplex plugs
- Galvanic separation of transmitter and receiver
- Insensitive to interference radiation
- Available as desktop version
- Identical units can be interchanged
Connect the computer's interface of the FireWire card via the according cable to the bilingual socket of the FireWire-800 transceiver computer module. Installing the according hardware at the workplace is just as simple: connect the hardware to the bilingual socket of the FireWire-800 Transceiver receiver.