CATVision - the VGA KVM extender system for uncompressed transmission of VGA signals over CAT
The VGA KVM extender system CATVision transmits uncompressed signals over CAT x cables (x = 5, 6, 7) up to 300 m. The devices are available as variants displaying 1, 2, 3 or 4 video channels.
The system consists of a computer module (transmitter) and a user module (receiver) and enables you to operate a computer remotely. You can connect a console to each module.
- Automatic video optimisation
- Individual Video Tuning (IVT+) via OSD
- Delay compensation (skew) up to 50 ns for all colours over OSD (optional)
- Automatic video optimisation
Communication / Safety
- Redundant power supply
- Access protection and user management can be switched off
- Resolutions up to 1920 × 1440 @ 75 Hz or 2k × 2k @ 60Hz
- Video bandwidth up to 250 MHz
- Single and multi channel variants
- Console with all video channels at both modules
- PS/2 and USB keyboard/mouse support
- Supports special keyboards
- Up to 300 meters (depending on resolution)
- Up to 100 meters for USB 2.0 (optional)
- Over CAT-x cable (x = 5e, 6, 7)
- Bidirectional audio and RS232 signals (optional)
- Transparent transmission of 2.0 signals (optional)
- Internal power pack and redundant power supply (redundant, external power pack; optional)
- Full keyboard/mouse emulation
- Supports USB and PS/2 keyboard/mouse (including mixed mode)
- Available as desktop and 19" variant
- Flash upgrade via service socket
- Available as desktop (DT) or rack mount (RM) variant
- Twin variant combines two identical CATVision modules behind one panel
- Single-channel, multi-channel 2, 3 and 4
CV-Power enables you to turn a computer remotely on or off (reset and ATX power switching). A slot card is implemented in the computer and connected to the computer module. Our customers provide the operating hardware at the remote side (button or similar). The hardware is connected to the user module.
The function is available for all CATVision variants. For further details, please contact our sales team.
The delay compensation is only applied in the computer module. It automatically or manually adjusts the runtime differences of cables up to 50 ns. Thanks to this adjustment, the colours "reach" the display at the same time.
We recommend applying the delay compensation for cable lengths over 100 m. When using the K-C5-OIL cable, the compensation is obligatory. For cables other than G&D ones it may be useful to apply the delay compensation for shorter transmission lengths.
Link the computer to the back of the CATVision transmitter. Distinctive cables connect the computer's keyboard, video, mouse, audio, and USB interfaces to the CATVision computer module.
Installing the user console is just as easy: simply connect the operating hardware with the corresponding interfaces of the CATVision receiver.
Use the existing CAT-x cabling structure to link transmitter and receiver.
|Principle||Transmitter and receiver|
|Medium||Direct connection via CAT-x cable|
|Variants||Multi channel variants for up to 4 video transmissions|
|Resolution||Up to 1920 x 1440 @ 75 Hz or 2k x 2k @ 60 Hz|
|Range||Up to 300 m; with USB 2.0 up to 100 m|
|Further features||Equipped with OSD, manual video tuning|
|Application||Control rooms, automation, chemical industry, mobile|