DL-Vision(M/S) - the KVM extender system for 4K-UltraHD resolution
The system consists of a computer module (transmitter) and a user module (receiver) and facilitates the remote operation of one computer. At each module, a console can be connected.
DL-Vision(M/S) uses optical fibres (two fibres) to transmit uncompressed and lossless signals up to 400 or 10,000 m. The devices are available as variants displaying one, two or four video channels.
With its network port, the web interface and monitoring functions, the DL-Vision(M/S) system offers important features for mission-critical applications.
DL-Vision with DisplayPort: DL-Vision-DP
G&D has expanded their extender portfolio with a new variant including DisplayPort. The extender DL-Vision-DP uses optical fibers to transmit signals and is compatible with DL-Vision (M/S).
Thus, both systems can be combined. The versatile portfolio offers variants with up to four video channels and supports resolutions up to 4K.
4K-UltraHD resolution for DisplayPort and Dual-Link-DVI
Resolutions up to 4K (at 30 Hz) are transmittable per channel.
Supports DDC/CI protocol
The DL-Vision extender systems now offer support for the DDC/CI protocol. Thus, the screens in the control room can be automatically configured and the brightness of the screens, for example, is simply adjusted to the external light conditions
With the DLV-Monitoring function, you can auto-output device status messages to Syslog servers or SNMP. The web interface lets you monitor the device manually. The Monitoring function of the DL-Vision(M/S) queries the following values:
- Proactive monitoring of device states
- Event reporting function (Syslog or SNMP traps)
- Status power supply unit (on/off)
- Status temperature threshold device (in/over limit)
- Status connection cable (ok/nok)
- Status computer (on/off)
- Status image signal graphics card computer (available/not available)
- Status of access settings (what rights are assigned to the user?)
Easier access with SNMP tool Zabbix
For customers who are not yet using extensive SNMP tools, G&D offer a simple way to use the functions included in the devices. Templates for the open source tool Zabbix are provided here. The program lets users monitor SNMP-capable devices in a network and, among other things, issues warning notifications about critical device states, which have been received via SNMP trap.
Network / Communication / Safety
- Two network interfaces
- Link aggregation increases reliability of network ports
- Configuration over web interface
- Monitoring and reporting of operating status over web interface
- Report and request of system status via SNMP trap and agent
- Logbook: electronic notes about the device; can be exported as .csv file
- Ident-LED facilitate locating of devices in complex installations
- Redundant power supply
If the display loses the video signal due to a broken connection or a problem with the computer's graphics card, the Screen-Freeze function "freezes" the image last displayed on the monitor. This state is highlighted by a red semi-transparent frame. Meanwhile, the current time and the downtime of the video signal is displayed. The function is automatically cancelled when the display receives an active video signal.
- Single- and dual-link DVI
- Resolution per channel up to 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz or 2048 x 2048 @ 60 Hz or 4K (4096 x 2160) @ 30 Hz
- 2k resolution (2048 x 2048 @ 60 Hz)
- 4k resoulition (4096 x 2160) at 30 Hz per channel
- with DL-Vision-MC2 also at 60 Hz (no "Vertical Tearing" effects)
- The MC channels of the DL-Vision are working source synchronously. Therefore 4K content, for example, can be splitted in 2 x 2K or 8K content in 4 x 2K.
- Uncompressed, lossless transmission in 1:1 performance
- Support of Barco PVS graphics card
- Single- and multi-channel variants
- Backwards compatibility to single link DVI
- Video bandwidth up to 330 Mp/s
- 24 bit colour mode
- Transparent forwarding of E-DDC information
- Generic implementation of DDC/CI information possible
- Console with all video channels at both modules
- PS/2 and USB keyboard/mouse support
- Audio and RS232 transmission included in standard
- 10,000 m over a pair of fibers (9/125 µm, 2,000 MHz*km, OS1)
- 400 m over a pair of multimode fibers (50/125 µm, 4.700 MHz*km, OM4)
- 300 m over a pair of multimode fibers (50/125 µm, 2,000 MHz*km, OM3)
- 82 m over a pair of multimode fibers (50/125 µm, 500 MHz*km, OM2)
- 66 m over a pair of multimode fibers (50/125µm, 400 MHz*km)
- 33 m over a pair of multimode fibers (62.5/125 µm, 200 MHz*km, OM1)
- 26 m over a pair of multimode fibers (62,5/125 µm, 160 MHz*km, FDDI-grade)
- Uncompressed, lossless transmission with 1:1 performance
- Connection over 2 × LC single plugs
- Bidirectional transmission of audio and RS232 as default
- Screen Freeze function as default
- Transparent transmission of USB 2.0
- Galvanic separation of transmitter and receiver
- Insensitive to interference radiation
- Two integrated network ports
- Configuration via web interface
- Redundant power supply
- PS/2 and USB keyboard/mouse supported - even mixed operation
- Permanent keyboard/mouse emulation
- Available as desktop and rack mount version
- Over the config panel
Also available as DisplayPort variant - DL-Vision-DP
- Units are supplied as desktop variants
- 19" rackmount kit included
- Single-channel, multi-channel 2 or 4 variant
DLV-Power enables you to power on or power off a computer remotely (reset and ATX power switching) over an implemented slot card, which is connected to the computer module. The customer provides the required operating hardware at the remote side (e.g. a button), which is connected to the user module.
The function is available for all DL-Vision(M/S) variants. For further details, please contact our sales team.
Link the computer to the back of the DL-Vision(M/S) transmitter. Distinctive cables connect the computer's keyboard, video, mouse, audio, RS232, and USB interfaces to the DL-Vision(M/S) computer module.
Installing the user console is just as easy: simply connect the operating hardware with the corresponding interfaces of the DL-Vision(M/S) receiver.
Use the existing cabling structure to link transmitter and receiver.
|Principle||Transmitter and receiver|
|Medium||Single- or multimode fiber optics|
|Variants||Multi channel variants for up to 4 video transmissions|
|Resolution||Up to 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz (incl. 2048 x 2048 @ 60 Hz)
4K* (Ultra HD*) @ 60 Hz by using multichannel variants and
30 Hz by using single channel
|Range||Up to 10,000 m, with USB option up to 2,000 m|
|Further features||Supports all resolutions within a bandwidth of 330 MHz,
uncompressed transmission, E-DDC support, galvanic
separation of transmitter and receiver
|Application||Air and ground traffic control, control room, broadcast|