DVI-Vision - transmission of DVI signals via CAT or fibre optics
The system consists of a computer module (transmitter) and a user module (receiver) and enables you to operate a computer on a local or remote console.
DVI-Vision uses CAT-x cables or fibre optics to transmit signals up to 10,000 m. The devices use DVI video and are available as variants displaying 1, 2 or 4 video channels. It is also possible to transmit transparent USB 2.0, RS232 and audio signals.
With its network port, the web interface and monitoring functions, the DVI-Vision system offers important features for mission-critical applications.
DVI-Vision systems are available as CAT or Fiber variants. These differ by the used transmission cable between the CPU and CON module.
The signals are transmitted via copper cables. You can reach up to 140 m transmission length with this cable type.
Transmission bandwith of the DVI-Vision-CAT = 1,25 Gbit/s
Big distances are bridgeable with fibre optics. The signals can be transmitted by multimode or singlemode fibers up to 10,000 m.
Transmission bandwith of the DVI-Vision-Fiber = 3,125 Gbit/s
If the console module loses the video signal due to a broken connection or a problem with the computer's graphics card, the Screen-Freeze function "freezes" the last displayed image of the monitor. This state is highlighted by a red semi-transparent frame. The function is automatically cancelled when the display receives an active video signal.
- With the Monitoring function, you can auto-output device status messages to Syslog servers or SNMP. The web interface lets you monitor the device manually. The Monitoring function of the DVI-Vision queries the following values:
- Proactive monitoring of device states
- Event reporting function (Syslog or SNMP traps)
- Status power supply unit (on/off)
- Status temperature threshold device (in/over limit)
- Status connection cables (ok/nok)
- Status computer (on/off)
- Status image signal graphics card computer (available/not available)
- Status network
- Fan monitoring
- Status SFP modules (in -Fiber variants)
- Status interfaces (CPU and CON modules)
- Freeze status (all channels)
- Type of display (local and remote)
- Highly developed compression algorhythm of the latest generation for best video quality and latency-free transmission - The High-Dynamic-Image-Processing level 3
- Single-Link DVI signals
- Resolutions per channel up to 1920 × 1200 @ 60 Hz (more VESA and CEA standardized resolutions within the video bandwith and the horizontal / vertical frequency are possible, e.g. 1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz)
- Video bandwidth: 25 to 165 MPixel/s
- Vertical frequency: 24 Hz to 120 Hz
- 24 bit colour mode
- Supports digital and analog monitors at the console
- Transparent forwarding of E-DDC information
- Single- and multi-channel variants
- At both modules console with all video channels
- via Web-Interface or OSD
- Competing or exclusive operation via local or remote workplace
- Transmission of bidirectional audio and RS232
- PS/2 and USB keyboard/mouse support
- Integrated USB 2.0 transmission with Full Speed (ARU variant)
- Transparent transmission of USB 2.0 with Hi-Speed 480 MBit/s (ARU2 variant)
- Generic USB-HID interface for connecting any HID device, e.g. touchscreens or tablets
- Distances up to 140 meters at maximum resolution over CAT-x cable (x = 5e, 6, 7; depending on cable)
- Distances up to 400 metres at maximum resolution with multimode fiber optics
- Distances up to 5,000 (S) or 10,000 m (S+) metres at maximum resolution with singlemode fiber optics
- Supports PS/2 and USB keyboard/mouse; allows mixed operation
- Permanent keyboard/mouse emulation
- Redundant, external power supply (optional)
- Ident LED helps finding the device in complex installations
- Shipped as desktop variant (Twin devices and sets for rack- or tablemounting are seperately available)
- Over the config panel
- Multi-channel 2
- Multi-channel 4
- "U" variants: integrated USB 2.0 transmission without an additional transmission cable. This variant offers transfer speed up to 16 Mbit/s.
- "U2" variants: USB 2.0 transmission with an additional cable. This solution reaches the HiSpeed transfer rate of 480 Mbit/s.
- DVI-Vision-CAT variants: transmission via CAT-x cables
- DVI-Vision-Fiber variants: transmission via multimode or singlemode fiber optics
Link the computer to the back of the DVI-Vision transmitter. Distinctive cables connect the computer's keyboard, video, mouse, audio, RS232, and USB interfaces to the DVIVision computer module.
Installing the user console is just as easy: simply connect the operating hardware with the corresponding interfaces of the DVI-Vision receiver.
Use the existing cabling structure to link transmitter and receiver.
|Principle||Transmitter and receiver|
|Medium||CAT-x-cable, Single- or multimode fiber optics|
|Variants||Multi channel variants for up to 4 video transmissions|
|Resolution||Up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz and 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz (incl. Full HD, 1080p), all Vesa/CEA standarized resolutions up to pixel rate 165 MHz and within the devices valid horizontally and vertically frequency|
|Range||Up to 140 m (CAT) or up to 10,000 m (Fiber)|
|Further features||E-DDC support, remote power switching, webinterface|
|Application||Broadcast, control room, automation, traffic control|