miniMUX - operate up to 8 computers with VGA via one console
With miniMUX KVM switches, you can operate 2, 4, or 8 computers over one user console.
The miniMUX switches the following signals:
When cascaded, you can operate up to 64 computers. The devices are available as variants transmitting 1 or 2 video channels.
A working system consists of one miniMUX and the required computer connection cable sets.
- VGA resolution up to 1920 × 1440 @ 75 Hz or 2k × 2k @ 60Hz
- Video bandwidth VGA up to 400 MHz
- Single-/multi-channel variants
- Accesses only standard keyboard/video/mouse interfaces
- Full keyboard/mouse emulation for each channel
- Requires no software installation
- Available as desktop and rack mount version
- Can be combined with all G&D products
- Password protection and rights assignment for each user
- PS/2 and USB keyboard/mouse support
- Access protection can be disabled
- Computer-sided support for USB, SUN-USB and PS/2 keyboard/mouse
- Redundant power supply
- Cascadable to up to 64 computers
- Flash upgrade at device
- Available as desktop (DT) or rack mount (RM) variant
- miniMUX2 - single channel, MC2
- miniMUX4 - single channel, MC2
- miniMUX8 - single channel
- Available for PS/2 or USB connections
Connect the computers to the back side of the device. Combined standard cables link keyboard, video, and mouse interfaces to the switch.
- Cable length for PS/2 cable sets: 2 m, 4 m, 6m
- Cable length for USB cable sets: 2 m, 4 m
For connecting the user console simply link keyboard, monitor, and mouse to the intended interfaces.
To find out more details about the startup, you can download the miniMUX manual.
|Principle||Stand-alone KVM switch|
|Medium||Standard cable sets|
|Variants||For 2 to 8 computers with up to dual video|
|Resolution||VGA up to 1920 x 1440 @ 75 Hz or 2k x 2k @ 60 Hz|
|Further features||Channel switching via OSD or hotkey|
|Application||Desktop, control room, test scenarios, small server racks|